Fine Arts Portfolio Background
A group of teachers from Memphis City Schools met in the spring of 2011 to develop a pilot proposal that was implemented throughout the 2011-12 school year. After data was collected, the model was submitted to the State Board of Education for approval in the summer of 2012, where it was approved as an optional alternate growth measure.
During the 2012-13 school year, three districts implemented the model at scale. Throughout the year, we continued to improve the process and build additional supports to make it easier for teachers and administrators to implement. In April, all teachers submitted their final portfolios and the peer review process began. Scores were returned in June of 2013, marking the first time in Tennessee history that fine arts teachers were able to receive individual growth scores. In the 2019-20 school year, six districts implement the model. We hope that the model will continue to expand, granting additional teachers access to their own individual growth scores.
Resources for Fine Arts
- Fine Arts TEAM Portfolio Resource Guide (PDF)
- TEAM Portfolio Guidebook for Administrators and Teachers (PDF)
- Fine Arts Portfolio Planning Template (Word)
Content-Specific Scoring Rubrics
While the recommended method of viewing scoring rubrics is within the TEAM Portfolio online system, they are also available for download here in both protected and non-protected Excel formats. More printer-friendly versions are coming soon.
- Dance Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
- General Music K-12 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
- Instrumental Music 6-12 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
- Media Arts K-12 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
- Music Theory 9-12 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
- Theatre K-12 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
- Visual Arts Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
- Vocal Music 6-12 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
TNPortfolio Online Platform
The department partners with Portfolium, Inc. in order to accommodate TEAM student growth portfolios. In supporting the TEAM student growth portfolios, the platform provides functionality that automates and improves several processes associated with portfolio development. The platform allows schools to track student work samples longitudinally across multiple years. Tutorials and guidance for using the platform can be found here.
Please provide feedback about the website here.