Physical Education Portfolio Background
During the 2013-14 school year, a group of teachers, district leaders, retired teachers, and university employees worked to implement a pilot to measure growth for physical education teachers. The model is similar in form to the Fine Arts and World Languages models in that it is a portfolio of student evidence. Three districts opted to pilot the model during the 2013-14 school year. The model was approved for use during the 2014-15 school year by the State Board of Education in July of 2014. In 2019-20, four districts implement the model.
While the recommended method of viewing scoring rubrics is within the TEAM Portfolio online system, Portfolium, Inc. they are also available for download here in protected and non-protected Excel formats. Printer friendly PDF versions are coming soon.
- TEAM Portfolio Guidebook for Administrators and Teachers (PDF)
- PE K-5 TEAM Portfolio Resource Guide (PDF)
- PE 6-8 TEAM Portfolio Resource Guide (PDF)
- PE Portfolio Planning Template (Word)
- PE Portfolio Sample Score Sheets (Word)
- Physical Education K-5 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
- Physical Education 6-8 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
TNPortfolio Online Platform
The department partners with Portfolium, Inc. in order to accommodate TEAM student growth portfolios. In supporting the TEAM student growth portfolios, the platform provides functionality that automates and improves several processes associated with portfolio development. The platform allows schools to track student work samples longitudinally across multiple years. Tutorials and guidance for using the platform can be found here.