During the 2016 legislative session, the General Assembly passed the Pre-K Quality Act. One key component of this law is the requirement that all districts have a voluntary pre-K program (VPK) must utilize the state board-approved pre-K and kindergarten student growth portfolio models for their pre-K and kindergarten teachers (see T.C.A. §§ 49-6-103–49-6-110).
Pre-K/Kindergarten Portfolio Background
During the 2014-15 school year, a group of teachers, district leaders, principals, and academic coaches worked to develop and pilot a portfolio growth measure for pre-K and Kindergarten teachers. The model is similar in form to our existing portfolio models in that it is a portfolio of student evidence. Three districts opted to pilot the model during the 2014-15 school year. The model was approved for use during the 2015-16 school year by the State Board of Education in July of 2015.
- 2017-18 Guidance on Portfolio Collections for ELA (PDF)
- 2017-18 Pre-K ELA Portfolio Scoring Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2017-18 K ELA Portfolio Scoring Resource Guide (PDF)
Webinars and Recordings
- Pre-recorded PreK-K ELA Resource Webinar (recording)
- Pre-recorded Back to School Webinar (recording)
- Pre-K/K Student Growth Portfolio Scoring Rubric Guidance (recording)
- June 8, 2017 PreK-K Math Resource Webinar (recording)
- June 8, 2017 PreK-K Math Resource Webinar Presentation (PDF)
Student Work Samples
- Pre-K Literature/Narrative Sample: PreK Option 3 Student Work Sample & Analysis
- Pre-K Informational/Explanatory Sample: PreK Option B Student Work Sample & Analysis
- Kindergarten Literature/Narrative Sample: K Option 3 Student Work Sample & Analysis
- Kindergarten Informational/Explanatory Sample: K Option C Student Work Sample & Analysis
TN Student Growth Online Portfolio Platform
http://www.tnstudentgrowth.com/ This site provides information needed for teachers to register for the Educopia system to complete the student growth portfolio. Peer reviewers and district support personnel can also find information to support the student growth portfolio process.