During the 2013-14 school year, a group of teachers, district leaders, retired teachers, and university employees worked to implement a pilot to measure growth for physical education teachers. The model is similar in form to the Fine Arts and World Languages models in that it is a portfolio of student evidence. Three districts opted to pilot the model during the 2013-14 school year. The model was approved for use during the 2014-15 school year by the State Board of Education in July of 2014.
- 2017-18 PE Portfolio Guidebook for Administrators and Teachers (PDF)
- 2017-18 PE Portfolio Scoring Resource Guide K-5 (PDF)
- 2017-18 PE Portfolio Scoring Resource Guide 6-8 (PDF)
- PE Portfolio Planning Template (Word)
- PE Portfolio Sample Score Sheets (Word)
- Student Growth Portfolios Q&A for School Leaders (PDF)
TN Student Growth Online Portfolio Platform
Leaders and teachers are encouraged to regularly visit www.TNstudentgrowth.com for the most up-to-date information about the portfolio process and the Educopia platform. All rostered portfolio teachers should have received an email from Educopia with instructions for activating their accounts at www.TNstudentgrowth.com. Rostered teachers who have not yet activated their accounts can have this email resent by clicking on the “Resend Activation Email” link on the login page.