During the 2013-14 school year, a group of teachers, district leaders, retired teachers, and university employees worked to implement a pilot to measure growth for physical education teachers. The model is similar in form to the Fine Arts and World Languages models in that it is a portfolio of student evidence. Three districts opted to pilot the model during the 2013-14 school year. The model was approved for use during the 2014-15 school year by the State Board of Education in July of 2014.
- 2017-18 PE Portfolio Guidebook for Administrators and Teachers (PDF)
- 2017-18 PE Portfolio Scoring Resource Guide K-5 (PDF)
- 2017-18 PE Portfolio Scoring Resource Guide 6-8 (PDF)
- PE Portfolio Planning Template (Word)
- PE Portfolio Sample Score Sheets (Word)
TN Student Growth Online Portfolio Platform
http://www.tnstudentgrowth.com/ This site provides information needed for teachers to register for the Educopia system to complete the student growth portfolio. Peer reviewers and district support personnel can also find information to support the student growth portfolio process.