During the 2013-14 school year, a group of teachers, district leaders, retired teachers, and university employees worked to implement a pilot to measure growth for physical education teachers. The model is similar in form to the Fine Arts and World Languages models in that it is a portfolio of student evidence. Three districts opted to pilot the model during the 2013-14 school year. The model was approved for use during the 2014-15 school year by the State Board of Education in July of 2014.
- 2018-19 PE K-5 TEAM Portfolio Resource Guide
- 2018-19 PE 6-8 TEAM Portfolio Resource Guide
- PE Portfolio Planning Template (Word)
- PE Portfolio Sample Score Sheets (Word)
- 2018-19 Physical Education K-5 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
- 2018-19 Physical Education 6-8 Portfolio Scoring Rubrics | Non-protected version
TNPortfolio Online Platform
The department has partnered with Portfolium, Inc. to provision an improved online platform, TNPortfolio, to accommodate TEAM student growth portfolios, educator micro-credentialing, and work-based learning student ePortfolio systems. The TEAM Portfolio element of the platform is available for teacher use. This platform is more user-friendly and includes a number of improvements that address the submission issues this spring. Educators who did not receive an email with a link to access the platform can request access using the instructions found here. Tutorials and guidance for using the new platform can be found here. Please note that portfolio teachers can still access their portfolio information from 2017-18 on the previous platform by visiting tnstudentgrowth.com.